Welcome to Mt. Wolf Borough
The beginning for the area was in the early 19th century, as a mid-way train stop between Emigsville, Liverpool (now Manchester) and New Holland (now Saginaw). The station was first called Mount Campbell in honor of Thomas Campbell, who was instrumental in urging rail completion to Harrisburg. In the late 1850s, the station and post office were later known as Mount Wolf after George H. Wolf, who was the store and warehouse owner, stationmaster and postmaster. Mount Wolf became incorporated as a self-governing borough on August 23, 1910.
In April 2011, the Mount Wolf Centennial Committee received second place recognition in the 2011 Borough News Municipal Website contest for the population category under 2,500 from the Pennsylvania State Association of Boroughs. In September 2011, the Mount Wolf Centennial Committee received the "Community Award - Government/Civic Organization", at the annual board meeting of the York County Heritage Trust.
Mt. Wolf Borough history books are available for $12. Please contact Mayor Starner or Council President Poet to acquire a book. Make check out to Mt. Wolf Borough.